Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IELTS Writing task 1 Letter Writing : Sample Answer #1

IELTS | IELTS Preparation | IELTS Free Coaching | IELTS Study Materials | IELTS Writing task 1 | IELTS Writing Letter | Band 9 Letter




Your friend is coming to your country from abroad, but you can't go to pick him up at the airport. Write a letter to him and say

1. Why you can't pick up him?
2. Suggest alternative ideas.
3. Talk about what he can do in your country.
Dearest ABC,
I hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. I am anxiously awaiting your arrival on Friday morning. Unfortunately, because of unforeseen circumstances, I would not be able to come to pick you up at the airport as already planned. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this might cause to you.
An unexpected business meeting has come up which I cannot avoid, so I am suggesting you other means of reaching my house. One way would be to hire a cab from just outside the airport. That would be the most convenient option if you have a lot of luggages. However, if you are travelling light then I suggest you take the local bus from the airport. That would be very economical. I am very sorry for this turn of events.
I have planned a lot of things for you when you are here. There are a lot of historical places, which you must see. The Statue of Unity at Kevadiya and the Akshardham Temple at Gandhinagar are on top of the list. Then, there are two museums and a lot of shopping centers where you can shop for souvenirs to take back home. Luckily, a wedding in the family is also there in these days, which will give you a taste of our rich cultural heritage.
Hoping to see you soon!
Yours lovingly,
XYZ

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code