Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IELTS Writing task 1 Letter Writing : Sample Answer #5

IELTS | IELTS Preparation | IELTS Free Coaching | IELTS Study Materials | IELTS Writing task 1 | IELTS Writing Letter | Band 9 Letter




You have recently read an article in a newspaper about your childhood friend with whom you have lost contact for a long time. Write a letter to the editor.

1. Say which edition and when did the article appear.
2. Explain why lost contact with your friend.
3. Say how you want them to help you to get back in touch.
Dear Mr. Editor,
I am avid reader of your news daily since my school days. I am writing this letter to make a polite enquiry regarding Mr. ABC - the businessman who recently featured in one of your articles.
Mr. ABC has been awarded The Businessman of the year title and his life journey along with his interview was published in the Sunday newspaper two weeks ago, dated 12th November. It was in the Sunday special supplementary - The City Shine. ABC and I were classmates until the high school. However, 15 years back, just after the high school, his family suddenly relocated and this occurred while there were communal riots in the state. I tried my best but I, nor my friends could trace him. We were extremely worried and did not know if he was safe.
I humbly request you to pass me his email address. I am attaching our childhood pictures as a proof. Please send ABC on my behalf to seek his permission for the contact. I shall be grateful for this kind gesture sir.
In anticipation to consider my plea.
Yours faithfully,
XYZ

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code